S0lvengel's Book of Secrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S0lvengel's Book of Secrets -- A personal online book of knowledge

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to this little corner. Please remember to read the TOS and introduce yourself in the meet and greet section with your own topic thread.
Enjoy looking around and please don't be afraid to ask questions or add your own info.
Blessings to old and new friends.
Only those that come in love and lite will be welcomed within.
There will be alot of links for sites I have found very helpful over all my years of searching for my own path.
if you wish to stay a member PLEASE post so that I can get your IP so I don't bann you by accident
When a member joins I only request that you read and post in the TOS that you have read it. This is MY BOS, treat it with respect.
After reading and posting in the TOS PLEASE post in a NEW THREAD your greeting DO NOT add to an existing thread.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 17 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:17 am
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
moon cycle

A is for Apple - Magickal Vn
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of S0lvengel's Book of Secrets on your social bookmarking website

A is for Apple - Magickal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
S0lvengel
S0lvengel
S0lvengel
S0lvengel

A is for Apple - Magickal Empty
PostSubject: A is for Apple - Magickal   A is for Apple - Magickal EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 9:58 pm

I know I'm running behind on this but could not get my thoughts together.

Last week I had posted about Apple and how it relates to my path but I hardly touched on the magickal side of things.

Magical Properties of the Apple Tree is considered female energy. a wand made of applewood is symbolic of fertility, peace, plenty and joy. it is sacred to Venus and the Celtic Goddess Rhiannon.

This is a powerful wood of choice for the witch when working with fairie magick. Apple is a good wood for aiding in the propagation of skills, it's often used in love magick. Apple wood promotes peace and harmony, magick of light and the divine, and promotes visions. Celtic lore tells that apples were considered the fruit of the gods. there are many associations of magickal creatures associated with the apple tree. Apple is a staple food of the elven and fairie realms. In the 19th century in Lower-Saxon Germany, the first bath water used by a newborn baby was poured over the roots of an apple tree to ensure that the child would have red cheeks, and if it was a girl, large breasts! It is said that you may cut an apple into three pieces, then rub the cut side on warts, saying: "Out warts, into apple." Then bury the pieces and as the apple decays, the warts will disappear. Use apple cider in any old spells calling for blood or wine. Apple indicates choice, and is useful for love and healing magic.

this is a paragraph from Wikipedia that pretty much hit's the mark.

Magickal properties: Apple is a great wood for a magickal wand. It is a favorite witch tree. The fruit is used at Mabon and Samhain, and for love spells. Eating an apple opens the gateway into other realms, most often faeryland. It provides illumination and the gaining of knowledge. Dreaming of apples symbolizes prosperity and the good life. At Samhain, winning the game of bobbing for apples meant that you would be blessed by the Goddess for a year. Since apples were symbols of Avalon, capturing one from the water represented crossing to the holy isle. The apple is also considered one of the foods of the dead, so they are often piled high on Samhain altars, for Samhain is sometimes known as the "Feast of Apples."

now further info I found:

in The Fairy Bible by Teresa Moorey she talks about The Apple Fairy, as a beautiful and seductive fairy that offers everlasting youth and beauty.

Apples and their blossom's are a common sight at handfastings. Apples and apple blossoms are symbolic of love, healing and immortality. You can burn the blossoms as incense, make an infusion and wear as a perfume and make them into herb candles for a handfasting.

You looking for a spell? (just remember to not interfere with a persons free will) How about this?
Spell for Love
Use a crabapple, or a cultivated apple if you don't have crabapples available. If possible, use one that you have hand picked. Carve the initials of the one you love and desire, and your own initials, in a ring around the apple. Bury it in the ground, or commit it to a body of water.
adapted from Whispers from the Woods, by Sandra Kynes

Make magic Apple Dolls:

Apples are sacred symbols of the witch. Our holy land, Avalon, means Apple-land or Island of Apples. Slice an apple through the midsection and its seeds reveal the sacred shape of the pentacle. You will need two large apples, one for Mabon and one for Modron, 2 pencils and 2 dowels about 12 inches long, a paring knife, a glass or bowl of water to wash your fingers, a plate, and a towel to wipe your hands. Peel and core the apples. Carve a face in the apples. Place apples on a dowel and stand them in a jar to dry (start now). Then charge in a magick circle. After 2 or 3 weeks, they should look like shrunken heads. Make them into dolls. Use wheat, dried herbs or doll's hair for hair. Dress them in tiny robes and bring them into the circle, asking god/dess to charge them with their light. Hang these Mabon and Madron heads on a Witch's cord or a Mabon wreath.
Back to top Go down
https://mybos.forumotion.com

A is for Apple - Magickal
Page 1 of 1